Monday, July 14, 2008

Boo learns to Spin Silk

More adventures in natural dyeing. This is mordanted with Rhubarb leaves (which by themselves leave the wool a beautiful pale yellow) and then dyed with carrot tops from our CSA box. I plan on plying this together with the beet yarn.



Our original weekend plans got cancelled so I went to fiber guild instead. I would have been in trouble if Boo hadn't come, so Birch came with to help wrangle. The program was about spinning silk hankies, which I already knew how to do, but was very interesting anyways.



I made progress on the jean rug. So much progress in fact that I need more jeans. Hopefully Freecycle will come to my rescue.



I also spun the second bobbin and plyed my Pebble Path wool/silk into a beautiful lace weight yarn. I am totally in love with it and plan on making this cowl to match my gloves (still not finished).



No comments: