Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ice Queen

This summer I decided to go into the world of making gloves and made myself some gloves out of my handspun. It was a lovely wool/silk blend, and I had quite a bit left over. So I plied the remaining singles as two-ply instead of three and made myself an Ice Queen. I started New Year's eve and finished this Friday, partly because it worked up fast and partly because of a bit of obsession. I've worn it just about constantly since.



Cause it's just that pretty. And we don't keep the house that warm.




Close up of the picot cast off that never ended


This is closer to the actual color, I love the subtle striping I got.


You can see the beads in this one


With the hood up. Sorry about the expression, it's hard to take good pictures of yourself.

No comments: